Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yoga and wet dogs

This morning Tyler and I went to Lululemon's *free* Saturday morning yoga class at the La Jolla store.  Tyler had never done yoga before.  I have taken classes here and there, including a smattering of Bikram (or "yoga in hell", as I affectionally referred to it after my first experience,) but I am still very much a beginner due to general lack of coordination, flexibility, balance, and athletic ability.  I have to say after today's experience that what little flexibility I had before becoming a regular runner is now completely gone.

That being said, it was a lovely, relaxing, and very do-able hour-long class. And I did a bridge at the end, so that was cool.  Tyler loved it and says he wants to make it a habit to go on Saturday mornings, which I'm totally cool with.  Afterwards, we walked around downtown La Jolla for a little bit because it as a gorgeous morning.  We got smoothies at an organic juice bar, picked up some groceries
at TJ's, and then headed home to pick up Brinkley.

We met Tyler's sister Brianne and Finnick (her and her fiance Phil's incredibly handsome 5 month-old Australian Shepherd puppy) at the Coronado Dog Beach.  On a side note, Tyler puppy-sat for Finn all day yesterday while  I was at work, and when I got home from happy hour with some work ladies at around 7 pm, he was beyond frazzled.  Finn is a lot of dog, especially compared to our little Brink.  Anyway, Brianne's friend Michelle also showed up with her dog Brynn, and we had a grand ol' time running around the beach with the pups.  Brinkley is exhausted from all the excitement and is passed out next to me on the couch.

Finn and I last night, in a rare moment of peace 

My loves at the beach today.









No comments:

Post a Comment