Sunday, February 12, 2012

Intro

Hello, I'm Bailey. And this is my latest attempt at a blog. In it I hope to record my hopes, dreams, recent cooking ventures, and lots and lots of pictures of my dog.

So first, here's a picture of my dog, Brinkley:



And this is my boyfriend, Tyler, and I at Disneyland this past Christmas season. He's pretty cute too.



It's Sunday night. I hate that "Doom's Day" feeling that Sunday afternoons and evenings seem to develop. You're relaxing, lounging, and trying to enjoy it, but in the back of your mind you are counting down towards the inevitable MONDAY that just keeps getting closer.

To be fair, my Mondays aren't too bad these days. I'm about a month into a really challenging, really GREAT, and sometimes totally overwhelming internship at a local PR firm. The firm is nationally ranked and has some amazing clients, so it's an excellent place to spend some time seeing what I'm good at and in what direction I'd like to go with my career in the next couple of years. Do I love it? It depends on the day. I do have to admit it's awesome having regular 8-5 hours and not feeling like I have to scour online job boards in my free time. I'm just trying to take it a day at a time right now, do my best, and hope everything works out for the best.

It's also really weird to have WEEKENDS again! I haven't had weekends off for about a year and a half, and even in college I worked Sunday shifts sometimes, so it's definitely been awhile. This weekend was exactly what I needed.

Bailey's Cooking Adventures Edition 1: ADVENTURES WITH CUPCAKE TINS!
Tyler's mom Kathy gave me a cupcake tin for Christmas and now that Sprinkles is finally out of my system, I decided to take it for a spin this week. On Saturday, I used the tin not once, but twice (!)




Spinach, Artichoke, and potato Mini Quiches










Strawberry puree-infused vanilla cupcakes dipped in chocolate with vanilla buttercream and a chocolate covered strawberry on top.


Also this weekend, I ran the Coronado Valentine's Day 10 k, which was really fun. My cousin Marilyn and I decide about last June or so that we were going to train together for a half marathon, so we signed up for the Tinkerbell Half in Disneyland. We trained and ran the 1/2 in 2:29 two Sundays ago (January 29th).



Marilyn and I right before the race! No, we didn't run in fairy wings.

Today was my first semi-long run since, and it went beautifully. It was a little drizzly out, which the Pacific Northwesterner in me loved, and we ran at 9:56 pace, which is much faster than we usually run. Ok, ever run. Anyway, we pushed through and finished the 6.2 miles in 1:01:58. AWESOME!




Well, that's all for now, blog-world. Ta ta and I hope your weekends were wonderful, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment